Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane

Okay, not so much on a jet plane. We are driving. That title just sounded better then "Leaving in an SUV."
We are getting the final packing done tonight, cleaning the house tomorrow then taking off in the evening. The drive is only about 8 hours but we wanted to leave at night so the kids would sleep and we would get to the house in the morning so we can unpack right away. Rather then getting there late at night and trying not to wake any nieghbors.

I'm feeling a bit nervous for the drive. We have several Mountain Passes to go through and this time of year they can be a bit trecherous.

My dear friend Bethany and her little cuties put together a travel basket for the kids filled with books, stickers, activities, crayons and snacks. It is amazing and was so sweet and thoughtful of them. I'm so blessed to have such great friends. I'm very sad to be leaving them.

I'm also very ready for this new adventure. This is truely a NEW year for us. A new state, new house, new vehicle, and a new job title for Aaron. Heres to hoping and praying for a wonderful year filled with many more blessings and adventures.

1 comments:

Cori said...

Good plan leaving at night to be there in the morning. That basket sounds like such a sweet gift, hope you can find friends and neighbors that are just as great where you move to next.

Post a Comment