It seems a lot of the mamas on other blogs that I follow have been feeling the same as I have lately. It seems there may be something in the air, putting us all in a little blogging funk. Whether it be morning sickness, lack of energy or lack of creative juices, I have noticed the bloggerverse of mamas have been struggling with wanting to keep their blogs up and running. This is something I too, have been struggling with and I keep wondering if blogging is worth it.
I have been in more than just a funk and have been dealing with some depression. Since finding out I was pregnant I started to wean off my meds. I was put on Anti depressants shortly after the arrival of Ez for PPD. I wanted to be safe and go off of them while pregnant so I slowly weaned off and I'm now feeling the effects of doing so. I'm extremely moody, more so than just your typical pregnancy hormones. Very impatient, sad, lonely and all around have absolutely no energy. I'm not sure of a lot of things and feel completely confused. If it weren't for Finley and Ezra I probably wouldn't get out of bed and most days I spend my time alone crying. So with all this on my plate, keeping up with the blog and trying to make it something my reader's enjoy is the last thing on my mind. I wonder if deleting my blog and focusing on my family and myself is the right answer, or putting it all out there on the interwebs, sharing my feelings with my readers and other mothers going through the same type of things or feelings is the right answer. I don't really have an answer for much lately, especially deciding whether or not to keep up with the blog. A break could be used maybe, but then again I feel like I have been less active then normal anyhow, in more than one department.
I do know a visit with my Dr. is a must and I'm going in next week to dicuss my feelings and get a game plan to get a handle on this.
Being a mom is tough, being a young mom away from family and friends in an unknown city and feeling more than alone is even tougher. There have got to be ways to get through this and try to muster up the energy, if not for me then for my kids. I'm probably most likely not going to delete the blog right now, and will try to keep up as much as I can. But if there are a lack of posts for the time being, this is why.
Friday, August 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























2 comments:
You poor thing. Depression freaking hurts. I know it too. I suggest you see your blog as being entirely yours. You aren't responsible for "updating" people or making your blog the "cutesy hang-out" so many of us bloggers desire. You only have to worry about you, that little one in you and the two out of you. Do what makes YOU feel good and right.
You don't owe regular posts to anyone but yourself. I hope this helped. Stay strong! Lots of sunshine and laughter your way!
I agree with Jamie! Blog for yourself! There is something great in knowing that we all go through struggles and have to face them together. You are not alone! I know thinking positively is hard (especially for me), but try your best! Your family will be in my prayers. Your children are beautiful and I bet your third one will bring great joy to you all.
Post a Comment