Monday, June 21, 2010

Pray For Ezra

Ezra was circumsized about a week after he was born. It went well, healed quickly, no problems. Until about a month later, I noticed his penis was starting to tuck in, making it look like he had no penis at all. I was worried, but I pushed it out and cleaned it up. It was very red and a little goopy so I put some antibiotic ointment on it and it seemed to be fine within a few hours. But it was still "hiding." And has been ever since. I have asked numerous Doctors about it, and they have all told me the same thing. "He has an extra fatty fat pad, he will grow out of it soon." Well he is almost 9 months old and still no visable penis, unless I push the skin back. It gets red and infected very easily and I'm very diligent about keeping it clean. So I called his Pedi and asked for a referral to a Uroligist. We are headed there this afternoon to see what we need to do, if anything at all. I have read articles on Ezra's same exact situation and a lot of the babies have needed to be re-circumsized and needed surgery. So I praying this is fixable without surgery. I really do not want to have my sweet boy put under and have surgery. So please be praying for him this afternoon. Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment