Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Been A bit

We are finally home from our little vacay. We had originally planned to only stay for Fourth of July weekend, but I hurt my neck and couldn't move for a couple days so we decided to stay for the week, while Aaron drove back home and then came back and got us. He had some work things he needed to bring to work and back from work to the Bellingham plant so it actually worked out perfect. We decided not to go back at the end of July. Which I just wasn't looking forward to doing the drive by myself with the kids. Although it is an easy drive, it's long and a 3 yr old and 1 yr old just do not like being in the car for that long, with very little to do. I'm very sad I'm going to miss my friends wedding though, I really wanted to be there. But it is just too much for us all to do again in such a short time frame. So now on the agenda for the rest of the summer is to try to enjoy this heat and pray that Fall comes quickly. I know, I know, I shouldn't wish summer away. But this heat is killing me. I usually love hot weather, always have. I'm having a hard time being out in it for long periods of time this year though. It could have something to do with being pregnant and still a little sick or it could just be that I'm getting old and would rather stay cool. Whichever, I'm ready for fall. I'm ready for crock pot and dutch oven meals, squash, pumpkins, and beautiful sunny cool crisp days. Aww I love Fall. Just thinking about it makes me smile!
And now for some photos of the munchkins from our visit. We had a great time, the kids were spoiled rotten of course, which included my dad pulling out his cotton candy machine on a couple of occasions just for the kids. It was wonderful and quite the fun treat! We also visited Hovander Park, which was beautiful and so fun for the kids to run around on a warm summer day!






2 comments:

newbiemama said...

What is it with everyone injuring themselves lately? There's you... and me... okay that's all! Sorry you hurt your neck, but it sounds like you had a great time anyway! I'm new here but love the blog. I'd love to see you around sometime at http://confessionsofaslackermom.blogspot.com

Cynthia said...

Hi Jenn, you have a very beautiful family and lovely blog. Congratulations on winning the Dooney & Bourke giveaway from me that was hosted on FPTFY. I can't wait for you to receive it. I think you're going to love it! :) Thank you for following my blog and facebook page. I am now following you too :)

Post a Comment