I currently watch a little boy in our home 3 days a week. I have been watching him for about 4 months now, and to be very honest I'm wondering if I took on too much. At first I loved the idea of watching another child in my home, earning money but still being home with my kids and contributing to the income a bit. It felt good, and I felt less guilty buying a few extras for us. Clothes, make-up, shampoo, you know the nicer stuff.
The little guy I watch is a month younger than Ezra, he is a very sweet baby. But very different from my kids, and he is very clingy. At first I was fine with it, but now it is getting a lot harder to get things done around the house and to get things for Finley and Ezra. Ezra is turning one in a month as you know, and he is starting to talk and learn new things everyday, I really would like to spend more time with him and take in every bit of him before he is no longer a baby. And Finley, she is going to be 3 in about 4 months and I really want to spend time with her on preschool work books, art projects and her ABCs and 123s. I just feel like this time in my kids life is important and they need a lot of extra attention. The time goes by so fast and before I know it Finley will be in school and Ezra in preschool. I don't want to miss one little thing with them.
So here is my dilemma, I committed to 15 months of watching the little boy, but his mom came to me this last week and said that the preschool their daughter goes to changed their age policy and are now excepting babies at 9 months of age, so if I felt like I couldn't watch him anymore, she had a back up. So what do I do? I really do love the extra income, but I really really love my time with my kids. And I feel so worn out with the 3 kids at the end of the day. Is it worth it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























0 comments:
Post a Comment