Lately my craving for some "Mommy Time" has increased. I feel like I can't breathe with all the whining and demands. I feel like I'm suffocating and gasping for air. I feel like I want to throw myself on the ground and kick and scream when Finley asks me over and over for juice 50 times, while I'm pouring it that very second. I would do anything for two minutes to myself. I'm so bad lately I have actually been shutting the door to the laundry room and locking myself in while I start a load or switch over the wash to the dryer, just so I can have a minute or two of quiet. Or I will tell Aaron I have to use the bathroom and I will go sit in the bathroom with the door locked for 10 minutes. Hey, don't judge! I know every mommy at one point feels like she needs a moment to herself, even if it is sitting on the toilet reading her parenting magazine pretending to go # 2.
Well since I was getting desperate and locking myself in odd places in my house, I called my mom last week and asked her if she wanted me to book a pedicure for us, so we could go have some mother daughter time, in hopes to rise above the water and just breathe. I left the kids with Aaron, I even left an hour earlier than the scheduled pedicure, because I just needed out of the house. We ended up going to a different place then we usually go for our pedicures because they were having a special. (Big mistake you pay more at the Chrysalis because you pay for the professionalism and relaxation) While this place was a bit of a mess, it was still nice to get out. But it wasn't even worth the deal I got. My polish was peeling off later that evening. So I took my polish off and used Finley's Piggy paint. Much better now. I'm starting to think that I need to take a weekend getaway, maybe with my sister or a girlfriend. I think I'm to the point where I feel comfortable leaving the kids for a couple days. I need to relax, I need to sleep, and then I need to come home to my beautiful amazing family, refreshed and ready to put my super mommy cape back on.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























2 comments:
I just went away for a conference last week--my first time away from my 3 kids. I thought I really needed the excuse of building my business, but by the time I was done, I could really see myself taking a whole weekend at a hotel, just me and a good book. Before kids, that would have seemed wasteful and pointless...but now, I totally support your mommy time-out as a real plan, not just a dream. Go for it, Jenn!
I couldn't agree more! I have a gift certificate for a mani/pedi and facial from mother's day...maybe it's time to cash it in... esp. after hubbys been gone for two weeks. my dd (3.5) is SUPER whiny right now and it's driving me bonkers! Just wanted to let you know you're not alone...wish I had a lock on my laundry room door! :)
Post a Comment