Couple of cuties playing under the table while I was making dinner
Monday, September 13, 2010
Weaning
I didn't know weaning Ezra from breastfeeding was going to be this hard. I knew it would be a bit of a challenge but with a little work we could do it without any problems. I'm very proud of myself for nursing Ezra for this long, almost a whole year. And it has been an amazing, wonderful bonding experience and I'm so happy we went this route. With Finley I only breastfed for 6wks. She seemed to have tummy problems so we went with soy formula, then senesitive formula and by the time I figured out that none of those were helping and wanted to go back to nursing my supply had dried up. So then I vowed to nurse Ezra for 6 months, but as soon as I started nursing him, I knew I wanted to keep nursing for a full year. He wouldn't take a bottle and to be honest I hated cleaning bottles, warming bottles, and the yucky smell of formula. I'm so happy that I was able to nurse my son and have this amazing bond with him. I'm sad to be weaning Ezra, but I do need my body back, so this is very bittersweet. Ez is having a little trouble weaning. He has always been a comfort nurser, since the day he was born. When his reflux would act up he would sometimes spend hours nursing to soothe the pain. Now whenever he falls or bumps his head he comes straight to me and get in the nirsing position. I have been trying to cuddle him instead but he just screetchs until I give in. So I have been trying to quickly replace the nursing with a 1/2 cup of yogurt and blueberries or handful of cheese crackers. It does seem to help a bit, so I'm hoping we can get on a routine of distracting him with something else and soon the cuddles will soothe him and the food will satisfy him. I know we are on the right track and we will get there. It's just a hard thing to let go of, for both of us.


Couple of cuties playing under the table while I was making dinner
Couple of cuties playing under the table while I was making dinner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























0 comments:
Post a Comment