Sunday, October 31, 2010

Emergency Room, Etsy and Halloween Cuties

I will start with the ER. On friday evening my sister came to visit and was staying at my parent's house. Aaron was planning on working on Saturday. So I decided to take the kids and go out and spend the night out there as well. Around 8pm, my mom and Finley decided to make some Tea. My mom set Finley up on the counter per usual so she could put the honey in the cups. As my mom was pouring the boiling water into the cups, Finley pulled the cup away. The water poured all over the counter and went all over Finley's left leg. I heard her scream and knew exactly what happened. I ran over and pulled of her pajama pants to find her skin blistering and peeling off. I knew I needed to take her to the Hospital. I tried calling Aaron a few times and couldn't get ahold of him. So I jumped in my mom's car and had my sister hold Finley and we drove into the Hospital. I finally got ahold of Aaron on our way and he met us at the hospital. They got Fin back to a room right away, though it took a while for the Doctor to actually come in. When he finally came in our room he said she has a second degree burn, and that he would give her some pain meds then they would come back to clean and bandage her leg. The pain meds they gave her made her so loopy and goofy, she kept saying over and over to us "I love you guys" and kept trying to tickle me. The Doctor said it would make her sleepy. Um...not quite. It was horrible while the nurses cleaned up the burn. Finley was in hysterics and Aaron and I both had trouble fighting back the tears. They finally released us and then right before we were about to get in the car, Finley started puking all over herself. The pain meds were too much for her stomach to handle. She threw up a few more times that night until she finally crashed in our bed.

Her Leg this evening while getting it cleaned up.
This weekend has been an interesting one. It is so hard to watch your baby be in so much pain, and have such an awful burn. Burns and scars are one of my biggest fears for the kids, but the Doctor did say that she wouldn't have a scar for longer than two years. So that is good. Aaron and I have been spoiling this little cutie rotten. Ice cream, Hello Kitty band-aids, and all the yummy snacks and juices she loves.
Since I will be dealing with this for the next couple of weeks, nursing her leg back to health and makig sure she has her meds and her leg stays bandaged and cleaned. I will be featuring a few Etsy shops and running a couple of giveways. Please be patient with me as I will try to get them up and running in a timely manner. And I will try to get back to some normal blogging in a couple weeks.
Halloween went well this evening. We dressed the kids up and took them to a trunk or treat carnival event at a local church, It was insanely packed but the kids had a great time!


Fin and Aunt Jaime

1 comments:

Unknown said...

oh ouch! I hope she heals quickly.

Post a Comment