Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Never Grow Up


"Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder..Twinkle twinkle little staaar, what you are. Up above, up above the world so high. Like a diamond in the sky...diamond skkkyy"

The room is dark and quiet, Finley and I lay snuggled in bed.
"Mama will you sing me a song?"

"Of course baby girl" I start to sing and Finley softly joins in.
Just the two of us singing quietly. We finish the song, Finley snuggles in closer.
"Holdee my hand mama?" She gently takes my hand and nestles hers within my palm.
"Okay, sweet girl, Good night, I love you."


"Sweet dreams mama, I love you too."

And she is out and my heart melts. Don't you wish they could stay this little forever? So sweet, loving and innocent. Not a worry in the world that to her mommy and daddy can't fix. So much love for us, we can do nothing wrong in her beautiful bright blue eyes and she always turns to us for comfort and stability. And one day she is going to grow up.
Scream at me for ruining her life at age 16, cry on my shoulder when her first boyfriend breaks up with her, and cry tears of joy with a huge bright smile when her daddy walks her down the aisle to marry the man of her dreams.

For Finley I wish the world, I wish I could always keep her this little, this happy, this care free. I wish she would never grow up and I could sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to her every single night of her life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez! You're going to make me cry!

Anonymous said...

You did make me cry. And all because you were once my little baby girl. I love you.

Megan said...

So cute...I love when the toddlers I work with do something like this to me & I'm "just" their teacher. It makes my job worth it and make me even more excited to have children soon. :)

sara lyn said...

amen.

Anonymous said...

Twinkle Twinkle is by far my DD's favorite song. She's 16.5 months now and not very verbal yet, but she 'sings' along with me. I try to treasure the sweet mommy/daughter moments because so many people keep saying "they grow up so fast".

Post a Comment