Monday, November 15, 2010

The Cookie Cutter Guy review and Giveaway


I love to bake. It has been something I have always loved to do, even as a small child. I grew up living nextdoor to my grandparents. My grandma let me cook anything I wanted almost every afternoon, after she would walk me home from school. We would go straight to her kitchen, where she would have a snack waiting for me and then she would hand me the cookbook and say "Pick whatever you want to make today."
So naturally I was very excited when I found The Cookie Cutter Guy on Etsy. Sandy sent me an Owl cookie cutter to review. Finley and I made sugar cookies for Aaron yesterday and we had to try out our new cookie cutter. I have to say, I was very impressed with this cookie cutter. I'm pretty picky about my cookie cutters because I have had so many that either don't hold their shape and the cookie turns out looking like a blob and nothing that even remotely resembles the shape I was going for. The owl cutter is very nice, sturdy not flimsy at all, and it cut beautifully.



I was worried at first about the small parts of the cutter getting dough stuck in them and the shapes not turning out. No problem with that at all. The dough came out smoothly and we had perfect little owls.

Once baked, the cookies were still perfect. I'm very impressed and will continue to order from Sandy from now on. I'm throwing out my old cutters that leave me with blobs. Finley had so much fun baking with me. We were both covered in flour and frosting when we were done. But we had a blast. Also I had every intention on using my piping bags to decorate these cookies, but Fin insisted on "Purpey" (purple) owls with sprinkles.



I ended up doing some Orange ones too. But still never got time to sit down and decorate them super cute. Maybe when both kiddos are napping at the same time.

Sandy is offering one of my readers the chance to win their own set of 4 cookie cutters of their choice. Just in time for christmas baking!
To enter Go visit The cookie Cutter Guy and then come back here and tell me what cookie cutters you would pick.
For extra Entries (leave a seperate comment on this post for each you complete)
1. Share this giveaway by Blogging, posting on your Facebook status or Twittering about this giveaway. Leave a comment for each of these you complete with a link to where I can find where you shared.
2. Follow H is for Hillman
3. See my Button over there on the right hand sidebar? Grab it and tell me where to find it.
4. Tell me your favorite kind of cookie.
5. Tell me who you will be making special sugar cookies for this Holiday season
6. Visit and Follow Sandy's blog
Giveaway Ends Nov 26th, Winner will be announced on Nov. 27th Good luck!

29 comments:

alyssa said...

Jenn- The wine glass and the martini glass cookie cutters are so cute! Im going to my girlfriends soon, she just got a new condo. It would be fun to bring cookies like that. The child in me also adores the princess crown!

alyssa said...

I am looking forward to making gingerbread cookies for my co workers! We are having a hoilday party and they are going to be perfect. Gingerbread cookies arent as yummy as sugar cookies but so much funner to make!

jaime said...

Oh my, absolutely love them all but I love the deer head and the hammer...so unique, maybe I could make camo frosted cookies....but the teacher in me also loved the crayon.

jaime said...

I follow you on fb.

Kim Lau said...

we are in Jamaica, and are in need of christmas decorations, so what better way then to make some with the adorable cookie cutters. Thank you for doing this, very cool

Careless Heiress said...

I love the Snowman and the Pine Tree with Star for Christmas Cookies! I'd like to use the Muffin or Cupcake one for favors for baby's first birthday! And I think also the football one to make sweets for the Super Bowl (where hopefully my team will be playing!)

Careless Heiress said...

Giveaway posted on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1147391945

Careless Heiress said...

I follow "H is for Hillman!"

Careless Heiress said...

Button on Blog!

http://thedogtagwhisperer.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-love.html

Careless Heiress said...

My favorite cookie of all time is Chocolate Chip cookies, but during the holidays I absolutely LOVE making Gingerbread cookies and Frosted Sugar Cookies....with sprinkles of course!!

Careless Heiress said...

Baby girl is still too little to eat cookies, but I will be baking them for me and her Daddy this year. I would also like to start the tradition of baking cookies to leave out for Santa!

MarfMom said...

i'd pick: 2.75 snowflake, 4.5 inch kitten, 3 inch heart, & 4 inch snowman


marfmom at gmail dot com

MarfMom said...

i love chocolate chip cookies that are moist in the center and crisp on the edges and have big chunky chips!

marfmom at gmail dot com

MarfMom said...

i'll be baking cookies with my mom for our neighbors and the family that comes to see our new baby (who is coming any day now).


marfmom at gmail dot com

MarfMom said...

i follow on GFC (maya z)

marfmom at gmail dot com

jaime said...

My favorite cookies are chewy white and milk chocolate cookies made by my friend Rachael...theyre amazing.

jaime said...

Ill be baking cookies with my mom.

Unknown said...

i should say something for my kiddos, but i am going to be selfish and choose the cats for myself!

Anonymous said...

I would pick the wide snowflake, rocket, teapot, and dog bone.

Anonymous said...

I tweeted about it.

http://twitter.com/giggedygeekmum

Anonymous said...

I wrote about this on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/giggedygeekmum

Anonymous said...

I linked this at my blog.

http://giggedygeekmum.wordpress.com/2010/11/20/back-to-the-beginning-and-some-giveaway-links/

Anonymous said...

I'm following your blog.

Anonymous said...

My favorite kind of cookie would be gingersnaps. Those things are addicting!

Anonymous said...

We'll be making sugar cookies for Santa I'm sure. Otherwise I won't be giving out cookie this year. I'm going with a small truffle assortment instead.

Anonymous said...

I'm following Sandy's blog.

disneyfanheather said...

I would get the Kitten, Snowflake, Gingerbread Girl, and Gingerbread Boy!

disneyfanheather said...

My favorite are peanut butter cookies!

disneyfanheather said...

Following Sandy's blog!

Post a Comment