Thursday, November 11, 2010

Finley The Brave


Finley is now doing great. We had a few rough days due to pain and itching, and had to keep her on the stronger pain meds at that time. Which helped a lot. We are no longer keeping a bandage on it either, so I think that makes her a bit more comfortable too. The burn is healing really well. I'm hoping the scar isn't too noticable once it fully heals. It doesn't look like she is going to have a lot of scarring and I think if she has some it won't be for very long.
Burns have always been one of my worst fears. Not only are they extremely painful, but the scarring can be painful too. Especially if it is big and in a place where others can see it. Because lets be honest, kids can be cruel and tease about the silliest things. I want Finley to always be confident and strong and not feel insecure because of a accident.
She has handled this all very well, stayed very brave and when she sees her owie she just says "Look mama, it's a pink dragee." And it really does look like a dragon. I'm very proud of her and so thankful that the burn wasn't worse.

1 comments:

LCoastMom said...

Hi Jenn!
Brave indeed! When my son was 8 he caught his pant leg on fire with a magnifying glass - he had a very similar, second degree burn from the top of his foot to just below his knee - You're right, cleaning the burn was the worst! Anyway long story short - within a year the burn was the size of a quarter, a year later, the size of a dime, until it faded away completely.
Hoping for a similar ending for Finley!

Post a Comment