Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Baskets


I finished my Easter shopping for the babes today, and the baskets are all put together and ready to go. I love Easter baskets, giving them and recieving them. Since I'm a little old for them now I have a blast giving them. Okay I lied...I'm not too old for them, infact my mom doesn't think so either and she still does them for my sister and I. As well as adding to Finley and Ezra's baskets.
My mom always put practical items in our baskets growing up, such as clothing, hair products, make-up, and the usual favorite candy. I loved our Easter baskets because they weren't full of junk or little things that would get thrown away eventually. So mother like daughter I do the same. Sometimes it's hard because my kids are still little and enjoy candy and toys. But these littles are so darn spoiled they get toys and candy often from family members and friends.
Growing up, Aaron always got a pair of shoes in his basket so we decided to carry on that tradition and Finley and Ezra both get shoes every year in the baskets as well. This year the kids baskets both have:

Teva Sandals
Gap T shirts

and Finley's includes:
Gardening tools and Gloves
Flower Seeds
Watering Can
Mobigo Game Cartridge
Snow White Dvd
Hair brush
Fancy Nancy Book
Princess Crown
Princess Bandaids
Ni-Hao Kai-lan Panties




Ezra's doesn't have as much, but he is a little harder since he is so little and I like to include things they actually need.
Book
California Baby Wash
Ball
Bandaids
Truck



Most of the items were purchased at Target with a few exceptions. The sandals were purchased at a local boutique here in Bellingham and the Tees at Baby Gap of course. I do have a couple things coming from a few Etsy shops to add, but have yet to recieve them! I hope this is helpful for those of you who don't know what to include in their little one's baskets or even give ideas for your hubby, wife, mom or dad. Because really, we all love to get a basket filled with goodies!

1 comments:

Lesli said...

Those turned out cute!

You won an award on my blog:

http://leslislittleumbrella.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

Come check it out! :D

Lesli

Post a Comment